CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Surprise! Darren turns 25!

For my husband's 25th birthday, I decided to throw him a surprise party. I had his brother-in-law take him fishing at Cocoa Beach on Friday night and Saturday so that I could prepare the house for the party. I spent Friday and Saturday grocery shopping, cleaning, decorating and cooking. I later found out that he had guessed there was a party but nonetheless he still had a great time hanging out with family and friends. The two biggest hits of the party were the buffalo chicken dip and the spiked apple cider.

I wish I had up close pictures of the food but it was too crazy getting everything ready for the party. Here are the recipes!


Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 cup cooked chicken (rotisserie or chicken tenders work best)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4-1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
3-4 dashes hot sauce
Mix all ingredients together in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and celery. 

Spiked Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Cider
3/4 gallon Apple Juice
4 cups sugar
6-8 cinnamon sticks
750ml grain alcohol (or spiced rum)

Mix all ingredients except alcohol in stockpot. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 2 hours. Add alcohol and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment